Thursday 2 May 2013

Process

Double Exposure/Clipping Mask
To start the final outcome for the exam theme, I firstly collected some photographs that I previously took, that related to my chosen books. As you can see all of the images are connected to each individual story in their own way. I took all of these photographs using a digital SLR camera, which is of high quality.    

Once I had the images that I wanted, I printed out all of the pictures that I need and I started to trace them. Once I had traced the images with a black pen I scanned them into Adobe Illustrator to them make them more adaptable to work with in Photoshop. The reason why I traced the images was because I wanted to create an outline of a particular object that suited the story. For example the bed represents Sleeping Beauty.            



Here are the photographs that I used to create the character in story.
I chose to be the characher in all of the stories becasue I felt that it would be more effective and more personal if I were in the photographs myself. As you can see, each photo has the name of the character I was trying to portray, and even has some of the main objects in the image as well.   
Here you can see the final double exposure outcome with the correct object linking towards them. I have also added a colour background to make the picture stand out more. 



Silhouette

As an additional image to the book jacket, I wanted to put in another object but turn it into a silhouette so it was just a black image.  The images above are the originals that I took myself again with a digital SLR camera. 

How I created these images was by selecting the pen tool on photoshop and drawing around the existing pictures to create a black image. I feel this would sit really nicely at the back of the book with the summary of the tale. 
  


Text

Here is my own typeface that I created on the iPad using the app iFontmaker. I felt that using my own handmade digital text would really work well with the stories, because the writing almost looks childlike and the books are aimed for children.

No comments:

Post a Comment